It was a beautiful spring night in Park Slope and my friends Jamie and Jason invited Dave and I over to dine al fresco under their enormous fig tree in their backyard (not your typical Brooklyn apt). She made this delicious recipe and I couldn't get it out of my head! This is my own adaptation on her meal.
Curry Roasted Cauliflower with Wheat Berries
2 cups of organic wheat berries
3.5 cups of water
1 head of cauliflower
2TB or ground cumin
1TB of Turmeric
2TB of olive oil
1/4 cup of organic raisins
1/2 cup of chopped raw cashews
large pinch of Himalayan sea salt
Tahini dressing (recipe here)
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Put the wheat berries and water in a pot and bring to boil. Then cover and let simmer covered for 45 minutes - 1hr.
- Cut up the cauliflower into bite size pieces. Spread it out on a ceramic dish or baking sheet, pour over the olive oil, cumin, turmeric and Himalayan sea salt, mix it all up and put in the oven for 20 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the cauliflower over and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Test the wheat berries by sampling. If they are chewy and tender they are done!
- Strain the wheat berries and put in a big mixing bowl. Add the raisins and combine.
- Take the cauliflower out of the oven and spoon over the wheat berries. Add the cashews and tahini dressing and enjoy!