It's that time of year! The squash, they are abundant, and it's a good thing too! Zucchini contains loads of Vitamin A, C, and K which is good for your bones, limits cell damage, and contains a good source of beta-carotene. There is also a good amount of Maganese in here which helps promote calcium absorption.
Coincidence that this super veggie grows in abundance this time of year? Nature's way of prepping us for colder months ahead by boosting our immune system. Not to mention, it's pretty darn yummy. This soup is super clean, easy to make and you will be surprised as to how incredibly delicious it is. Even those who don't like curry have raved to me about this. Make a lot and freeze some for the winter!
Zucchini soup with Curry
- 5 large zucchini
- 1 onion
- 3 heaping tablespoons of curry
- 1 tablespoon of Tumeric
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Himalayan salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 quart of veggie broth
- Cut up the onion and zucchini up into medium sized chunks. Heat the coconut oil in a large pot and saute the onion until its translucent. Add the curry.
- Throw the zucchini in and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the zucchini is tender and then add the broth.
- Let this cook for about 10-15 minutes on low heat with the lid on.
- Turn off the heat and spoon 3/4 of the soup into your Vitamix or blender. Blend until the soup is silky smooth. Pour back into the pot and stir with the unblended soup.
- Serve and enjoy your veggies!