We get this alot...what is a garlic scape?!
This is not really an unusual question to hear because until a few years back, I didn't know what a scape was either. Firstly, they can only be found at farmers markets or if you grow garlic. Secondly, once you do find them, what do you dooooo with them? Besides making pesto - recipe coming soon - you can sauté them with your greens, add them to your eggs or make delicious dressings with them (like the one you're about to learn)!
Similar to garlic - scapes are EXCELLENT for you.
They are high in antioxidants, contain anti-cancer fighting properties and help protect your kidneys and liver. Once again, mother nature lends her healing powers through our food, so lets take advantage of it in one more delicious way.
This recipe is a new favorite because its so versatile. For instance, I first made it as a salad dressing, then used the same dressing as a sauce for my salmon burgers and then later on in the week made a thicker version of it and used it as a dip for veggies! It's so EASY to make, super healthy for you and DELICIOUS! I really hope you love it as much as I do.
Garlicky Scape Yogurt Dressing
- A bunch of garlic scapes (5-10)
- Large handful of cilantro
- 7oz container of 2% greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Roughly chop the scapes into 1" pieces (start with 5 and you can add more as you go).
- Tear off the cilantro leaves from the stems. Throw the scapes, cilantro, and about 3/4 of the greek yogurt into the blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste. Blend some more and voila!
*To make thicker, add more yogurt.