Since I've just gone on a bunch in my previous post about how good cucumbers are for you, just enjoy this pickle recipe! Bread and butter pickles are a personal favorite of mine so that is what I tried out.
They do not disappoint.
This is a quick pickle recipe so they need to be refrigerated. If you are experienced in canning you can certainly store this batch that way. Enjoy on anything and everything!
- 2 pound kirby cucumbers, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Diamond Kosher salt
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- In a medium bowl, combine the cucumbers, onion and salt. Mix well.
- Cover the mixture with ice. Let stand at room temperature for two hours. In a pot, bring sugar, vinegar and spices to a boil.
- Drain cucumbers and onions. Add to vinegar mixture and bring almost back to a boil. Remove from heat and cool. You can store the pickles in an airtight container for up to three weeks in the fridge. They will begin tasting pickled in just a couple hours.