SOME LIKE IT HOT! We sure do.
And if there is one thing we can grow REALLY REALLY WELL, it's our hot peppers. So what does one do with bushels upon bushels of tabasco peppers? Make sauce!
Hot sauce contains Capsaicin which is actually good for your digestive health as it helps stimulate blood flow and speeds up the metabolism. It's also known to make you happier as it releases endorphins and sustains your good mood. Overall, a pretty good food!
Warning: This sauce is SUPER LEGIT SPICY. Unlike the habenero hot sauce from the past, this is to be dabbed onto food, not poured (unless you enjoy torturing yourself and have a stomach made of iron). Also please wear something to cover your face while cooking as it will make you cough and burn if you inhale the smoke. You have been warned!
- 1 lb of tabasco peppers
- 2 cups of white vinegar
- 2 tsp of salt
- Puree the peppers in a food processor.
- Move to a pot and add peppers with the vinegar and salt.
- Cook to a boil for 5 minutes then remove from the flame and let cool.
- Put through a fine strainer and allow the juices to seep through.
- Bottle up and refrigerate!